Wednesday 25 January 2012

FIRE!!!

haha okay, so I wanted to include fire in my design. This was a combination of many different thoughts; I had been reading one of Tom Turner's books and he says how human beings need to feel attached more to their natural instincts and that one of those is making a fire.

Now I have a fire pit in my garden and its one of my fav things as it does have this very grounding, back to nature feel about it. Makes you feel whole.

Also, I drank mulled wine in December when I was putting together my thoughts and this reminded me of the last time I did this which was in Vienna (I think) with work and we all went to a Christmas market and drank mulled wine outside around big lit barrels. The town was covered in snow, but we were all toasty and it was so lovely to be outside, having a lovely time in winter with all its beauty. Never forget how my coat smelled of smoke for about a week though...

So I thought, why the heck can't we do that? It seems to me that we often seem to lag behind the rest of Europe with this sort of thing, I know that throughout my life, I always get: "but you can't do that!!!" and I think its time we realised that we are all grown ups and can do what we want. The mould needs to be broken a bit more often (and lets face it, this stuff is not exactly outrageous).

So in my bar area, I have fire pits. They are for hot chocolate drinkers during the day and mulled wine drinkers in the evening and add the all-important social crowd and meeting place for the colder months. Sounds like fun to me anyway....

No comments:

Post a Comment