Tuesday 20 March 2012

Interim crit 1:200

Had the interim crit yesterday and as expected they were tough on everyone. I had gone in with the aim of continuing with my sections once I had presented, but the day is distracting and we are never sure what is expected of us - whether we need to stay around in case some important info is given etc. I did gain something from listening to the other presentations, but really, I couldn't afford to lose a day with so much left to do and should have just taken the risk and gone off to draw....ah well...
I knew I had done my best, so took the criticism on the chin, I had felt good that I had learnt a lot the past week in terms of drawing and photoshop (still lots to learn of course) so knew I was moving forward. A main criticism was that my plan was too dark or "UGLY" as Jamie had put on the feedback form...well, I didn't like it either but to have done what I had done was a huge step forward for me, so I see it as just part of the process. Just need to keep working hard to get where I need to be.
However, it was good to hear Julia say that my previous style had been "fresh and clean" which I hadn't seen, but helped to give me focus on how I can ensure my drawings tie together.
Also very happy to note that in my feedback they had said I had developed a lot since my 1:500 plan, as I feel that I have, so its nice that its noticed and spurs me on to keep progressing.
Now I need to finish my dissertation!
Then, after Shelley's very helpful class last night targeted on Sketch up (how to make it more personal) and AUTOCAD, giving me confidence (having never used sketchup), I will get back to drawing some perspectives....
have a good day all!

No comments:

Post a Comment