Tuesday 15 March 2011

and to close: one of my favourite quotes

So we shall let the reader answer this question for himself: who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed?
~ Hunter S. Thompson



I would add to this: live your life with passion and love. Think about what you will really regret on your death bed. Really think about that. I tell all the people I love, that I love them. No matter how hard that can be sometimes and even where you do not always get that love back or when they find it too hard to say it to you. Every moment that I think how someone contributes to my life, I tell them. Even if people laugh at this.This matters to me. What matters to you? 
Those that know me, know that I do not say this to patronise. I learnt the hard way through a long illness, that just waking up and leaping out of bed, is truly bloody wonderful. My Dad always said to us children: "be positive". We used to groan! But we now get it. He didn't mean just think positive, he meant be positive, with every action. So, keep taking one step forward. Even if you are fighting against a force 10 gale, take action and you will feel better for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment