Thursday 24 March 2011

Imposter syndrome - now this is something I have talked about lots of times

especially with friends when they are self-doubting or aiming too low. Of course, I have fallen victim to this myself plenty of times too. I wanted to share it with you as I find it an extremely interesting theory and I feel that this is an increasing trend, as is overall self-doubt and questioning in the modern world. We are so focused on the belief that we are going to physically destroy ourselves, have we stopped to consider we may destroy ourselves through the power of the mind?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impostor_syndrome

As for the Dunning-Kruger effect mentioned at the end of the first paragraph - this is hilarious and also something I seem to have come across plenty of times, especially in the world of finance!

No comments:

Post a Comment