Tuesday 15 March 2011

sigh. another random blog.

someone said to me at the weekend: "you are perfect for blogging as you say exactly what comes to your mind without any editing." I pointed out that this may be true, however, this is not good for me in terms of self-inflicted embarrassment in a public arena.
I do this blog merely as I do love writing and miss it and also as a modern "get to know me" for future employers. So, I have a year to build my internet identity. You ain't nobody without one I am told.
Anywho.
So, I have been listening to Taio Cruz and re-visiting "The Prince" whilst commuting. I wonder what Machiavelli would make of Taio. Taio provides us with catchy, cheery pop music although when he says: "I'm sorry I misleaded you" I want to speak with his mother. Similarly, I would like a long chat with Machiavelli's mother for obvious reasons. Although he is widely misunderstood. To a degree. I'm not saying he was nice or anything of course.
I am drafting a seminar on how we need to work with climate in the city rather than ignoring it and am sorely tempted to play Billy Idol's "Hot in the city" alongside it, but I fear it would be wasted on my audience. Well, it would amuse me at least. I will post said seminar once it is done. I may even record my presentation of it for your delectation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment